1. The LORD spoke to Moses in the Desert of Sinai in the first month of the second year after they came out of Egypt. He said,
2. "Have the Israelites celebrate the Passover at the appointed time.
3. Celebrate it at the appointed time, at twilight on the fourteenth day of this month, in accordance with all its rules and regulations."
4. So Moses told the Israelites to celebrate the Passover,
5. and they did so in the Desert of Sinai at twilight on the fourteenth day of the first month. The Israelites did everything just as the LORD commanded Moses.
6. But some of them could not celebrate the Passover on that day because they were ceremonially unclean on account of a dead body. So they came to Moses and Aaron that same day
7. and said to Moses, "We have become unclean because of a dead body, but why should we be kept from presenting the LORD's offering with the other Israelites at the appointed time?"
8. Moses answered them, "Wait until I find out what the LORD commands concerning you."
9. Then the LORD said to Moses,
10. "Tell the Israelites: `When any of you or your descendants are unclean because of a dead body or are away on a journey, they may still celebrate the LORD's Passover.
11. They are to celebrate it on the fourteenth day of the second month at twilight. They are to eat the lamb, together with unleavened bread and bitter herbs.
12. They must not leave any of it till morning or break any of its bones. When they celebrate the Passover, they must follow all the regulations.
13. But if a man who is ceremonially clean and not on a journey fails to celebrate the Passover, that person must be cut off from his people because he did not present the LORD's offering at the appointed time. That man will bear the consequences of his sin.
14. "`An alien living among you who wants to celebrate the LORD's Passover must do so in accordance with its rules and regulations. You must have the same regulations for the alien and the native-born.'"